Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a Specialization or Master’s degree in environmental law, environmental policy, public policies, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the environmental sector and the carbon market in Brazil and preferably proven experience working with indigenous communities.
- In-depth understanding of national climate policies, Nationally Determined Contributions, and interlinkages with forest and land use sector strategies in Brazil as well as indigenous rights.
- Familiarity with policy, legal, and institutional frameworks relevant to the implementation of private REDD+ projects, including forest and land licenses, and land titling.
- Language: Excellent oral and written communication skills in Portuguese, with business-level oral and written proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in Spanish is not required but is welcome and can add value to a candidate.