What you’ll do
- You will contribute to the design and implementation of a scalable technology to process billions of data points into spatially-explicit land conversion impact from agriculture, on a global scale and in a resolution of 30 x 30 metres.
- You identify and assess the validity of high-resolution datasets (agricultural cropping masks, biomass layers, forest cover layers, etc.) to expand the computational reach of our existing data pipeline.
- You systematically compare and assess (perform small experiments on) large spatial datasets in order to evaluate their quality, and propose continuous improvements in the data pipeline.
- You help us build, automate and test recurring data pre-processing steps.
- You are an active member of a small (3-5) developer team with complementary skill sets centred around Python, Google Cloud, spatial data processing, etc., and you actively participate in our “shape-up” development process.
- You closely collaborate with the 3 founders and help to refine the company vision & roadmap.